The Bloody Cactus Cocktail Keeps You Going!
Do you need something a bit stronger than the average Bloody Mary after a long night? Maybe you want to nurse that hangover, but you also want to keep up the pace of the night before.
Well, think of the Bloody Cactus Cocktail as a Bloody Mary with a kick. This has vodka and tequila and the flavors work well, so does the combination of two shots and a hangover.
This drink shows how tequila and vodka can go together in a tasty combination.
I “created” this drink years ago for those at the bar who needed something substantial that could settle their stomach’s and at the same time kick start the buzz from the night before.
You can garnish any way you please, but an orange wheel gives that tiny bit of vitamin C that’s a nice sweetness to the spicy chili and horseradish.
Perfect for those brunches with the in-laws!
Bloody Cactus Cocktail
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce vodka
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice freshly squeezed if possible
- 1/2 tablespoon prepared horseradish to taste
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Garnish with one or a mix of either a lime wedge, lemon wedge, cucumber spear, sweet pepper slices or jalapeno pepper slices.