Originally Posted On February 17, 2023 and Last Updated On
Disclaimer: We independently review everything we recommend. We may earn a commission when you buy through our links. You can learn more here.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot
If you’re a big fan of cinnamon toast crunch cereal, then you’re going to love this cinnamon toast crunch shot recipe!
Actually it’s pretty amazing that a shot recipe can really taste like a food. Especially a cereal. And this one REALLY does. And even if you’ve never had the cereal before, it’s still a delicious drink.
And no, Upscale Drinks does not recommend that you start your day off with a “liquid” breakfast, that might be a bit much. But who says you can’t have breakfast “food” anytime?
Although this recipe may look complicated, it actually easy enough to make. It only requires a cinnamon flavored whiskey like Fireball, Rum Chata and a little cinnamon and sugar and a shot glass.
If you really want the whole cereal experience, you can add some whipped cream on the top (think the milk in the cinnamon toast crunch cereal bowl), and sprinkle the whipped cream with a little crushed up cereal to make it look pretty.
Now personally I don’t use the whipped cream as it makes it a little too sweet for my tastes. But it does look nicer and if you’re with someone who loves sweet shots, then go for it.
If you’re a bartender making this drink, you should be using Fireball as the cinnamon flavored whiskey or one of the better Fireball alternatives I’ve listed below. It’s just what customers want to see.
If you’re making this at home, or can’t find Fireball, there are a few other brands of cinnamon flavored whiskey available like Catch Fire Cinnamon Whisky, Revel Stoke Flavored Whisky or Sunfire Cinnamon Whiskey.
Any of these will work just fine. Although I do personally prefer Fireball, or my own home made version.
Did you know you can make your own cinnamon whiskey?
This is a super easy way to make a bottle of so-so whiskey taste a whole lot better. It’s super simple. All you need to do is get a bottle of whiskey and add around 10 cinnamon sticks.
Wait a few days for the flavor to permeate through the whiskey, and viola, you have your own bottle of Fireball for half the price.
You can do the same with rum and it tastes basically the same as a cinnamon flavored whiskey.
And the longer the cinnamon seeps in the whiskey, the stronger the cinnamon flavor is. So when it suits your personal tastes, drain the whiskey into another bottle and that is where it will stay, as far as cinnamon flavor goes.
I did a complete write up here: Home Made Fireball Recipe
RumChata Cream Liqueur
In order to understand RumChata, you need a little background on the “Chata” part of the name.
The “Chata” in RumChata comes from the Spanish drink “Horchata” (pronounced or-CHAH-tah) which is a popular sweetish drink found all over Mexico and Spain.
Although it is classified as a “cream” drink, it originally started off without any cream at all. The cream part came from rice “milk”.
The basic ingredients of Horchata are water, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and white rice.
RumChata played on these flavors and opted to use real cream from Wisconsin. So there’s no rice milk in their product. Rather the ingredients includes rum, dairy cream, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, and other flavorings.
So it might seem that RumChata is a Horchata with a shot of Caribbean rum in it, which on the surface it is. Or at least the insperation was. But the heavy cream gives RumChata a much deeper dairy flavor like a Baily’s Irish Cream feel.
Released in 2009, the RumChata brand has steadily grown and as you see here, has even made it into other drink and shot recipes.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot Recipe
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot
- Shot Glass
- Small Plate or Saucer
- 1 part cinnamon whiskey
- 1 part RumChata
- Small amount of Cinnamon & Sugar mixed together
- Whipped cream optional
- Cinnamon toast crunch pieces optional
- First add a barspoon of cinnamon and sugar together in your saucer and mix well. This is going to be the rim garnish.
- Next take your shot glass and dip your finger in a little water. Run your wet finger around the outside part of the shot glass making it just wet enough to allow the sugar and cinnamon to stick to the glass without dripping down the sides.
- Roll the rim of the shot glass in your mixture. Once the shot glass has been “rimmed”, set it aside.
- Now grab your bar shaker and add some ice. The ice is just to chill the shot and won’t be included in your drink.
- Now add one part cinnamon flavored whiskey and one part Rum Cata. (Each “part” here should be half a shot).
- Cover your shaker with a glass or something so you can shake the alcohol for a few shakes. You’re just chilling the shot here, shake for too long and you’re adding water to the shot. Don’t do this!
- Grab your Hawthorne strainer and strain the alcohol into the prepared shot glass.
- Add a dalop of whipped cream on top of the shot. I like the stuff that comes out of a can the best (Cool Whip).
- Crush 2 pieces of Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal into a very fine powder.
- Sprinkle a bit of your crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch Ceareal onto the whipped cream. Serve
Cinnamon Whiskey Brands to Try
- Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
- Catch Fire Cinnamon Whisky
- Revel Stoke Flavored Whisky
- Angels & Demons Cinnamon
- Magma Flame Cinnamon Whiskey
- Sunfire Cinnamon Whiskey
- Mangaroca Batida de Coco
- Orovana Rhum Cream Liqueur
- O’Riley’s or Sangster’s Rum Cream
- Ponche Kuba
So let me know if you think this is the very best cinnamon toast crunch recipe anywhere in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts!