Last Updated on
Our Recipe for a Five Star General Shot
The Five Star General Shot is one of those shots that’ll make you want to stand up and salute, pardon the lame pun! But seriously, this shot is a potent mix of Jagermeister, 151 Rum, Peppermint Liqueur, Cinnamon Schnaps, and Tequila.
The recipe for the Five Star General Shot varies slightly depending on the source, but it typically includes equal parts of Jagermeister, 151 Rum, Peppermint Liqueur, Cinnamon Schnaps, and Tequila.
We do know that it’s named after the highest rank in the US Army, the Five Star General which makes sense as there are five ingredients like our Hotel California Cocktail recipe here.
Some variations of the drink include adding a mango slice or a cinnamon stick as a garnish.
The Five Star General Shot is a high-alcohol drink and should be consumed in moderation or at least with a designated driver if you’ve had one of those days and just want to cut loose.
- 1 part St. Vincent Rum 169 Proof
- 1 part Rumple Minze
- 1 part Goldschläger
- 1 part Tequila
- 1 part Jägermeister
- Grab a cocktail shaker and add a handful of ice.
- Pour equal parts of St. Vincent Rum 169 Proof (or equivalent), Rumple Minze, Goldschläger, Jägermeister and a decent Tequila into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake a few seconds.
- Grab a strainer and cover the shaker.
- Pour the mixture into your shot glass.
- Drink up!
This doesn't require a garnish, but you can use a slice of mango to dress it up if you want.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1.5 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 150
- Shot glass
- Cocktail shaker (optional)
151 Rum Alternatives
Since a lot of older recipes included 151 and Bacardi is no longer producing the stuff, here are some alternative you can use for a serious kick!
- Spirytus 190 Proof
- Balkan 176° Vodka 176 Proof
- Stroh Rum 160 Proof
- St. Vincent Rum 169 Proof
About the Ingredients
- Jägermeister: A German digestif made with 56 herbs and spices.
- 151 Rum: A high-proof rum that is often used in cocktails and shooters.
- Rumple Minze: A pweppermint-flavored liqueur.
- Goldschläger: A sweet, cinnamon-flavored liqueur that is often used in cocktails and shooters.
- Tequila: A distilled spirit made from the blue agave plant.
Shot – Shooter
Amount of Alcohol in the Drink
Approximately 1.5 oz and 40% ABV.
Contains approximately 150 calories per shot.
Tips for Making This Recipe
- Use a cocktail shaker to mix the ingredients together for a smoother taste.
- Chill the shot glass in the freezer before serving for an extra cold shot.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can mix the ingredients in your shot glass or mix them in a small cup and pour them into the shot glass.
- Be careful when pouring the 151 Rum equivalent, as it is a high-proof alcohol and can be dangerous if not handled properly.
- If you want to add a garnish, try a mango slice or a cinnamon stick.
Glass and Garnish
The Five Star General Shot is traditionally served in a shot glass. It can be garnished with a mango slice or a cinnamon stick.
5 Similar Drinks with Similar Ingredients
- Liquid Cocaine: Jagermeister, Rumple Minze, Goldschlager, and Bacardi 151.
- Four Horsemen: Jim Beam, Jack Daniel’s, Johnnie Walker, and Jose Cuervo.
- Red Headed Slut: Jagermeister, Peach Schnapps, and Cranberry Juice.
- Irish Car Bomb: Guinness, Irish whiskey, and Bailey’s Irish Cream.
- Kamikaze: Vodka, Triple Sec, and Lime Juice.