Originally Posted On June 29, 2023 and Last Updated On
Disclaimer: We independently review everything we recommend. We may earn a commission when you buy through our links. You can learn more here.
Our Tasty Grape Freeze Shot Recipe!
This Grape Freeze Shot Recipe is very similar to my Purple Grape Gatorade Shot recipe here, but they’re still different. The Grape Freeze doesn’t switch out cranberry juice for the grenadine and doesn’t include any soda. Otherwise, they’re pretty similar and both have a great Grape flavor to both of them.
And don’t confuse this for a Grape Bomb Shot, although they are similarly named, they are two completely different shots. The Bomb only has two ingredients including the Grape Vodka, and Red Bull. It’s super easy to make, so give it a try.
What does it Taste Like?
The Grape Freeze Shot is a fruity and sweet cocktail with a bit of a kick. The grape vodka and blue curaçao provide a sweet and fruity taste, while the sweet and sour mix and cranberry juice add a tangy flavor. If you like sweeter shots, this is for you. But if you prefer something like a shot of tequila, then don’t bother as this tastes more like grape juice than anything else.
- 1 oz grape vodka
- 1.5 oz blue curaçao
- Splash sweet and sour mix
- Splash cranberry juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add 1 oz grape vodka, 1/2 oz blue curaçao, a splash of sweet and sour mix, and a splash of cranberry juice to the shaker.
- Shake well for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a shot glass.
- Serve and enjoy!
There is no garnish necessary for this shot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1.5 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 100Carbohydrates 10gSugar 8g
Grape Freeze Shot Ingredients:
- Grape Vodka: Grape vodka is a type of flavored vodka that is made by infusing vodka with grapes or some sort of grape flavoring depending on the brand. It makes a great ‘mixer’ although I wouldn’t be doing shots of this stuff. Recommended brands include Three Olives Grape Vodka and UV Grape Vodka. If you prefer a mocktail or something non-alcoholic, try this, it’s netter than you’d imagine.
- Blue Curaçao: Blue curaçao is a liqueur that is made from the dried peels of the laraha citrus fruit. It has a sweet and slightly bitter taste and is often used in tropical cocktails. Recommended brands include Torani Blue Curaçao and Finest Call Blue Curaçao.
- Sweet and Sour Mix: Sweet and sour mix is a combination of simple syrup, lemon juice, and lime juice. It adds a sweet and tangy flavor to cocktails. Recommended brands include Master of Mixes Sweet and Sour Mix and Finest Call Sweet and Sour Mix.
- Cranberry Juice: Cranberry juice is a tart and slightly sweet juice that is made from cranberries. Recommended brands include Ocean Spray and believe it or not, Amazon’s Cranberry Juice which I actually really like and is super cost effective.
- Our Tasty Grape Freeze Shot Recipe!
- What does it Taste Like?
- Step-by-Step Instructions to Make the Grape Freeze Shot:
- Similar Drinks with Similar Ingredients:
Helpful Bar Tools:
- Cocktail shaker
Step-by-Step Instructions to Make the Grape Freeze Shot:
Step 1: Chill the Shot Glass
Place the shot glass in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before making the drink. This will ensure that the glass is cold and ready to use.
Step 2: Prepare the Ingredients
Gather the ingredients for the Grape Freeze Shot:
1 oz grape vodka, 1/2 oz blue curaçao, sweet and sour mix, and cranberry juice.
Step 3: Fill the Cocktail Shaker with Ice
Fill the cocktail shaker with a handful of ice to chill the ingredients as the shot won’t have any ice in it
Step 4: Add the Grape Vodka
Measure out 1 oz of grape vodka and add it to the cocktail shaker.
Step 5: Add the Blue Curaçao
Measure out 1/2 oz of blue curaçao and add it to the cocktail shaker.
Step 6: Add the Sweet and Sour Mix
Add a splash of sweet and sour mix to the cocktail shaker.
Step 7: Add the Cranberry Juice
Add a splash of cranberry juice to the cocktail shaker.
Step 8: Shake the Cocktail Shaker
Place the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake it vigorously for 10-15 seconds. Just don’t over mix or you’ll water down the shot
Step 9: Strain the Drink
Place the strainer over the top of the cocktail shaker and strain the drink into the chilled shot glass.
Step 10: Serve and Enjoy!
Serve and enjoy!
Drink Type: Shot
Serving Size: 1 standard 1.5 ounce shot
Amount of Alcohol in the Drink (ABV): Approximately 20%
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Sugar: 8g
Glass and Garnish:
The Grape Freeze Shot is typically served in a shot glass. There is no garnish for this drink.
Tips for Making This Recipe:
- Use fresh ingredients for the best flavor.
- Chill the shot glass before serving.
- Adjust the amount of sweet and sour mix and cranberry juice to suit your taste buds.
Similar Drinks with Similar Ingredients:
- Blue Kamikaze: vodka, blue curaçao, lime juice. This drink is perfect for those who enjoy sweet and sour shots.
- Purple Hooter: vodka, raspberry liqueur, sweet and sour mix. This drink is great for anyone who enjoys fruity and sweet shots.
- Blue Hawaiian: rum, blue curaçao, pineapple juice, sweet and sour mix. This drink is good for those who enjoy tropical cocktails with a sweet and tangy flavor.
- Grapefruit Martini: vodka, grapefruit juice, simple syrup. This shot is perfect for those who enjoy citrusy shooters with a sweet and tangy flavor.
- Blue Lagoon: vodka, blue curaçao, lemon-lime soda. This drink is perfect for those who enjoy sweet and fruity cocktails with a bit of a kick.
- Purple Gatorade Shot: A yummy shot that tastes just like purple grape flavored Gatorade made with Grape Vodka, Blue Curacao, Sweet & Sour Mix and Grenadine.