Last Updated on
This Orange Gatorade Shot is a copycat recipe that doesn’t contain any Gatorade, but still tastes just like the real thing. It just may not be what you should be drinking during a sports game. Or maybe it is, lol!
This is a five ingredient shot that includes orange vodka, triple sec, sour mix, simple syrup and a splash of water. It’s easy enough to make but does have a few alcohols in it so make sure you have everything on hand before you go to make this.
Tools You’ll Need:
- Shot glass – 1 1/2 ounces
- Jigger or measuring cup
- Cocktail shaker and strainer
Orange Gatorade Shot
This Orange Gatorade Shot tastes just like the famous sports drink but with a much greater kick to it! On or off the field, this recipe will have you feeling like a star after a few!
- ¾ oz Orange Vodka
- ¾ oz Triple Sec
- Splash Sweet n Sour
- Splash Simple Syrup
- Splash of Water
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add Orange Vodka, triple Sec, Swet and Sour Mix, Simple Syrup and water to the shaker.
- Mix long enough to combine the ingredients without watering doesn the drink.
- Strain into a shot glass.
- Drink up!
- There is no garnish for this!
If you want to use a garnish, use a half orange slice or orange wheel. You can also add a touch of sugar to the orange slice to make it more like a 'orange drop'.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Shot Serving Size 1 1/2 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 30
The Orange Gatorade Shot is a copycat drink, meaning it doesn’t actually contain Gatorade as an ingredient, but it does taste just like the sports drink.
So that means don’t be looking to this drink to replenish electrolytes if you’re playing sports as there are none. The only thing this drink will help you with your game is making sure you can’t remember if you lost the next day.
- Vodka: You don’t need to be using the smoothest vodkas here, but it should be a decent quality one like Smirnoff, Absolut or Three Olives brands.
- Triple Sec: If you’re not making your own, try using brands like Bols Triple Sec, DeKuyper or Mr. Boston.
- Sweet n Sour Mix: Something that is very easy to make at home and you should if you can as anything homemade is always tastier than store bought. But if that’s not possible, try Master of Mixes or Stirrings Simple Sweet and Sour Mix.
Tips for Making this Recipe
- Use a cocktail shaker to mix the ingredients together but don’t shake for too long or you will add too much water from the ice and it won’t taste as good.
- Garnish the shot with an orange slice to add a pop of color and extra flavor if you want. You can even go a step further and add some sugar to the orange slice for a play on the Lemon Drop shot.
Similar Drinks with Similar Ingredients:
- Blue Gatorade Shot – A different spin on Gatorade, this drink uses Gatorade as an ingredient and has a really beautiful blue color to it.
- Purple Gatorade Shot: There is no Gatorade in this shot, but it sure does taste just like Grape Gatorade!
- Lemon-Lime Gatorade Shot – Enjoy the classic with some vodka and Lemon Lime Gatorade!
- Yellow Gatorade Shot – It may be pretty to look at, but this shot will hit you like a linebacker if you aren’t careful!
- Gatorade Margarita – When you need to class up your Gatorade.