Last Updated on
Our Recipe for a SKYY® Vodka Cosmo
This is an Upscale take on the classic cosmo that uses Sky vodka, triple sec, lime juice, and cranberry juice. This four ingredient drink is easy to make and the Sky vodka does make a nice difference.
One thing to keep in mind is this SKYY® vodka cosmopolitan is only as good as the ingredients, so use fresh lime juice if you can. It would be a shame not to go all the way in making this a nice drink if you’re going to use a better vodka here.
And the same for the triple sec, make sure you’re using a good brand or make your own, it’s not difficult at all. I’ve actually created a list of the best triple secs to use for a cosmo here if you’re wondering.
And if you want to experiment with different types of cosmopolitan recipes, check out that page where I have a bunch of different types of cosmos.
- 1.5 oz Skyy Vodka
- 0.75 oz triple sec
- 0.75 oz lime juice
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice.
- Add Skyy Vodka, triple sec, lime juice cranberry juice to the shaker.
- Shake for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with a lime wheel, wedge or twist.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 4 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 106Carbohydrates 12g
- Cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- Skyy Vodka: Skyy Vodka is a premium vodka that is made with American grains and water. It is quadruple distilled and triple filtered for a smooth taste.
- Triple Sec: Triple sec is an orange-flavored liqueur and can either be homemade or use a good brand like Master of Mixes or something similar.
- Lime Juice: The Lime juice in this cocktail should be freshly squeezed!
- Cranberry Juice: Cranberry juice is a main component of this cocktail, so use a good brand. Believe it or not Amazon makes a decent brand, and it’s cheap! Or try a diet version.
1 drink – Approximately 4 ounces of liquid, plus ice.
Amount of Alcohol in the Drink
Approximately 3 ounces of alcohol per serving
Tips for Making This Recipe
- Chill the martini glass in the freezer before serving to keep the drink cool.
- Adjust the sweetness by adding more or less cranberry juice according to your preference.
- Use fresh lime juice for the best flavor.
- Lightly shake the cocktail so it doesn’t get watered down.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled martini glass for the best presentation.
Glass and Garnish
The Skyy Vodka Cosmo is traditionally served in a chilled martini glass. It is garnished with a lime wheel, wedge or twist.
List of 5 Similar Drinks with Similar Ingredients
- White Cranberry Cosmo: This cocktail is made with Skyy Infusions Citrus, lime juice, triple sec, and white cranberry cocktail juice.
- Campari Cosmo: This cocktail is made with Skyy Citrus Vodka, Campari, triple sec, orange juice, and an orange slice for garnish.
- Classic Cosmopolitan: This cocktail is made with vodka, orange liqueur or triple sec, cranberry juice, and fresh lime juice.
- Cosmopolitan Martini: This cocktail is made with vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, and lime juice.
- Ruby Red Cosmo: This cocktail is made with Skyy Vodka, grapefruit juice, lime juice, triple sec, and cranberry juice.