Originally Posted On June 2, 2023 and Last Updated On
Disclaimer: We independently review everything we recommend. We may earn a commission when you buy through our links. You can learn more here.
Our Zipper Head Drink or Shot Recipe!
The Zipper Head drink is a cocktail or a shot depending on what bar glass type you decide to use with it. that has been around for many years. It is a simple yet delicious drink that is perfect for any occasion and only has three ingredients, Chambord raspberry liqueur, vodka, and soda water.
- 1 oz. Chambord raspberry liqueur
- 1 oz. Vodka
- Lemon-lime soda or club soda/carbonated water
- Grab a rocks glass and fill with ice.
- Add 1 oz. of Chambord raspberry liqueur and 1 oz. of vodka to the glass.
- Top off the drink with soda water, or lemon-lime soda if you want something sweeter.
For a shot, just adjust the measurements. There is no garnish for this, although I think one or two fresh raspberries could make it look a lot nicer.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 3 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 150Carbohydrates 14gSugar 14g
- Shot glass
- Jigger or measuring cup
- Stirring spoon
Interesting Notes on Each Ingredient:
- Chambord raspberry liqueur: This is a French liqueur that is made from raspberries, blackberries, and other fruits. It has a sweet and fruity taste that is perfect for cocktails.
- Vodka: This is a clear distilled spirit that is made from grains or potatoes. It has a neutral taste that makes it perfect for mixing with other ingredients.
- Lemon-lime soda or club soda/carbonated water: This adds a sparkling and refreshing taste to the drink.
- Calories: 150
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Sugar: 14 g
Glass and Garnish:
Serve the Zipper Head Shot in a shot glass. No garnish is needed.
Tips for Making This Recipe:
- Use chilled ingredients to make the drink more refreshing.
- Adjust the amount of soda water to your liking.
- For a sweeter drink, use lemon-lime soda instead of club soda/carbonated water.
Similar Drinks with Similar Ingredients:
- Raspberry Margarita – The Raspberry Margarita is a twist on the classic margarita that uses raspberry puree to add a fruity flavor.
- Raspberry Bellini – The Raspberry Bellini is a refreshing cocktail that combines raspberry puree with champagne.
- French Martini – The French Martini is a classic cocktail that uses Chambord raspberry liqueur and vodka, similar to the Zipper Head drink.
- Raspberry Collins – The Raspberry Collins is a fresh and fruity cocktail that is similar to a Tom Collins, but with raspberry puree added.
- Raspberry Daiquiri – The Raspberry Daiquiri is a classic cocktail that uses raspberry puree to add a fruity flavor to the rum-based drink.